I have met and talked to a lot of salespeople over the years and one of the things that bother me the most is the attitude that some car salesmen have about the car business. They have problems with management, problems with pay plans, beefs about other salespeople and just about anything else you can [...]
Archive | BDC-Business Development Center RSS feed for this section
For all you Green Peas out there, you need to keep something in mind and that is, cars do not go on sale. Cars are a not like turkeys, milk or any other item that may go on sale at the store, cars are always on sale. Sure, the manufacturer may have some incentives that [...]
I am sure you have heard the term “Assume the Sale” many times, it’s thrown around all the time when it comes to selling cars, but not everyone realizes how important it is to being successful in the car business. It should start on the telephone when you are making an appointment and once the [...]
There is no question that the car gets sold at the dealership, but the recent numbers tells us that somewhere around 70% of all sales involve the telephone. It could be a “Phone Up”‘ an outbound call made during long term follow-up, a call made from an Internet Lead, a call to get a “Be [...]
One of the major roadblocks that I have found to getting customers on the showroom floor via the Internet and the phone is selling the car instead of the appointment. Whether you work on the floor as a car salesman, in the BDC or in the Internet Sales Department this pertains to you. We all [...]
The car sales BDC is an essential part of a successful car dealership today, but to what extreme do you go to get them in the door. What are the practices and policies that you use to manage your BDC? Do you lie to the potential customer and tell them that a car is on [...]
The primary objective of the car dealer BDC is to get them in the door because they can’t buy a car over the telephone. People that call into an automobile dealership are looking for information, it could be questions about service, it might be about your store hours and it might be about a particular [...]
- Emotions and Selling Cars April 17
- Get Rid of the Attitude and Start Selling More Cars February 6
- Are You a Car Guy or Girl, It Might Be Too Late for You January 27
- Selling Cars and Getting to Yes January 23
- Everybody Wants to Buy, But Nobody Wants to Get Sold January 9
- Break The Ice With Some Cheesy Car Salesman December 26
- 10 Reasons They Should Lease and Up Your Gross December 16
- How To Be a Car Salesman – Are You Sure May 17
- Six Figure Income – Car Salesman Income May 23
- Living on a Car Sales Salary July 13
- The Car Sales Woman – It’s Your Time June 9
- How a Successful Car Salesman Thinks May 18
- Sell More Cars – Stop Trying So Hard January 5
- A Career In Car Sales August 26
- Elizabeth: A co-worker introduced me to this site. Looking fo...
- KB: Hi Michelle, You should do well with Toyota. As ...
- Michelle: I am currently in the training process for a Toyot...
- KB: Hi Katie, Sounds like you are ready for a change....
- Katie: Thank you for posting this inofrmation. I am a 49 ...
- KB: Hi Lucas, I am not a fan of dealerships where the...
- KB: Hi Kevin, As far as selecting the right car deale...